- December 14th Cliff & Chase’s Last
- December 17th Packers Start Packing
- December 19th Move out Cleaning
- December 20th Leave for US & Land in South Carolina
- December 21st Drive to Atlanta to check on house
- December 25th Christmas
- January 3rd Move Back into Pink House
- January 7th Cliff & Chase First Day Back
Inform Helper of impending move.
Letters of Recommendation from Chase’s teachers & faculty
Transcript request to be sent to Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School.
Register Chase for Little League Baseball
- Clean drawers. How did I end up with so many black thongs? Need to check Pinterest and see if there is something I can recycle these into, maybe a cute hat or a pot holder.
Clean pantry. How did I end up buying so many bags of dried chilis? Someone likes it spicy!
We have so much tea, I am going through it 1 bag at a time. I remember moving from Colorado (where I used to go to Costco at least once a week) and trying to eat my way out of there, vowing all the while ala Gone With The Wind-style: “I will Nevah go to Costco Evah Agin!”
Cliff has booked us a room at the Conrad Hotel in Tokyo where we will stay our last few nights in Tokyo
Buy last minute “Only in Japan” items. In my heart, I know I will return to Korea, but I don’t know if I can say the same of Japan.
- Changed address officially with USPS.
- Switched utilities back over to us.
- Find Service Providers: VOIP, Waste Management, Security System
Find a new helper in the States. I’m thinking I’ll hire 2 part-timers to avoid Obamacare.
Buy cars. After this summer with my sister, I was sold on the the Prius, but I could tell Cliff was fakelmpt over not having a large vehicle since we will have 1 tween and 2 dogs soon. I finally broke down and said I would drive an SUV only if it was a hybrid. We checked online and it looks like the Lexus RX Hybrid gets the vote. If anyone out there has any thoughts about this feel free to contribute. My last vehicle was a Yukon Denali and I just don’t want to drive something of that size anymore.
Call my agent. I’ve been debating this. Cliff feels like I need to stay home with the new baby. My sister Bess tells me Maggie is not well and at 13, she needs some extra TLC too. I feel like between settling back in, taking care of all the kids, and checking on Cliff every once in a while, I don’t know how much time I’ll have to run around preparing and giving auditions. I really miss it. Purely for selfish reasons. Working on set is the only place I feel appreciated.
This picture is actually of the castle in Hiroshima, but we were awfully tempted to make it our Christmas card cover.
Until next time…