I don’t know what I like better: Night out with friends, or the re-telling of events the next day.
Last blog I left you hanging with, “and I left Cliff, Andrew, and Brian at the bar for boys night out….” It was about 8:30pm. Given Cliff’s face and knowing his personality and preferences, I figured they would be walking back into the apartment at the latest 10:30pm. After all, Andrew and Brian are 21 and 25 years old and Cliff is not.
6 hours later…
2:35am I’m woken by the sound of Cliff and Brian stumbling into the apartment. There is some general conversation going on. I can tell Cliff is trying not to wake me as he comes into our room, but we all know how well that goes when you’ve been drinking all night. I don’t say anything, but I am aware that Brian needs to get in a taxi by 3:30 to make it to Haneda for his 6:30am international flight. Instead of getting out of bed, I email Brian and tell him it’s ok to take a shower. I can’t even imaging trying to travel after a late night like that without a “fresh” start.
The next morning, I was so touched to find a lovely letter Brian had written before he left thanking us for all our hospitality. He is such an incredible
boy man. It was a total joy to have him in our company. He always opened my door for me, offered to carry my bags, cleaned up after himself, and even offered to help cook! I can only hope and pray that Chase turns out half as well. Jasmin and Paul have a lot to be proud of.
Cliff and I slept in for obvious reasons. He was still pretty drunk when I started the inquisition. Even though I have begged Cliff to go out more and have more “guy nights”, he rarely does so I found it to be sort of exciting that he would have some “stories”.
Conversations from last night:
Two Russian women were standing at a street light. They were looking over at Cliff and Brian. Cliff and Brian are pretty drunk at this point.
- Russians: Are you heading to a bar?
- Cliff: Yes, Are you going to a bar?
- Russian: Yes, Which one are you heading towards?
- Cliff: Haven’t made up our minds yet, Where are you going?
- Russians: Do you speak Russian?
- Cliff: Sure…
- Russian: Say something to me in Russian
- Cliff: Those are some nice big titties.
- Russian: That’s not Russian
- Cliff: You understood what I said…
Cliff & Brian walk into a bar and are trying to order a drink, when Cliff notices 4 women eyeballing them nearby. Cliff goes to the bathroom for a little break and when he returns, Brian is chatting it up with the 4 ladies.
- Cute girl: I need to go. I have a kickboxing class tomorrow. (but she doesn’t leave and continues to keep talking)
- Cliff: Why don’t you just leave? If it’s so important and get yourself some sleep for that kickboxing class?
- Cute girl: That’s not a very nice thing to say.
- Cliff: Well I ‘ve been standing here for 10 minutes listening to talk about leaving. I think that’s a good idea. You oughtta go!
- Cute girl: Wah?!? (clearly offended, she and her friends leave. Cliff interprets this as a “win”.)
Cliff dispenses wisdom to Brian.
As the night progresses, Brian was continually amazed by Cliff’s superher0-like abilities to distinguish the “Pros” from Pretenders.
- Brian: I just can’t believe a lot of those women interested in me were actually hookers!?! How do you know?
- Cliff: When they laugh at everything you say… it’s a hooker.
When he woke up this morning, he rolled over and hugged me and said, “I’m so glad it’s you in my bed.” I’m thinking, “What the hell?” I told him about my prediction that he and Brian would be back by 10:30pm because he looked so bored. He said, “I was bored. Bored out of my mind. But then we found the margarita place and after that it got more interesting.”
Cliff has his faults, but I must admit, Cliff can tell a good story. Listening to his recap of the previous night’s events in his gravelly hung-over voice, I found him to be kind of cool and sexy. I know it’s juvenile, but I like knowing he’s still got game too.
Do sleduyushchego raza…
Until next time (in Russian)…