On my first date with Cliff, I let him know, I was “a low maintenance girl with a high maintenance look.”
Since moving to Tokyo I have started carrying:
- My signature handkerchief
- My own black cloth napkin in case restaurants only have the white variety
- Black Prada flats to wear when my high-heels are killing me
I recently added to my Japanification
- 2 Sunbrellas (Formal & Sporty)
- UV gloves
- Fur dingle dangle for my purse (Sorry Alexandra. I broke down)
- 2 Fans (Formal & Sporty)
I still believe I can say I am low maintenance because I am often ready for a night out on the town before Cliff.
You know how “Kids Say the Darndest Things?” I was collecting similar quotes by Ex-Pat wives (ie., “I’m so sick of vacationing in Bali…” & “I wouldn’t wear this myself, but I’ll buy one for my gardener since it’s for charity.”), but then, I realized I could do a special section for just people who own furs.
- I must take this fur off! I’m starting to sweat!
- Do you think I’ll need my fur tonight? Please go upstairs and fetch my fur.
- Is it possible to find a dog that will match my fur?
- I don’t know what’s worse! Carrying or wearing this animal!
- This fur isn’t in danger! I’m taking very good care of it.
On my last trip to Korea, I broke down and purchased a fur vest. It’s lavender, but I swear it doesn’t look hooker at all. Well, maybe high-end hooker. Owning a fur suddenly makes you appreciate all the nonsensical fur phrases uttered by my fellow fur fashionistas. It’s kind of like when you buy a Mercedes and then suddenly, every other car on the road is a Mercedes. You know what I mean?
THE ULTIMATE JAPANESE ACCESSORY
Recently, I freaked out a few of my friends when I talked about expecting a baby girl. Cliff proves he is the ultimate head hunter and that he can even overcome species. He somehow learned who the “Breeder of the Year” was and managed to score a baby from their latest litter! She is about 2 weeks old and is coming from Regency Breeders. This little mini schnauzer is going to be very well-loved and very fashionably dressed. Chase is already threatening to brainwash the dog to love him best. The plan is for Chase and Cliff to take a Dad & Me trip to California in January (probably over MLK) and do some sight-seeing and pick up our new baby. I can’t wait! We have been talking names and I would like to call her Dokdo (after the island the Japanese and Koreans are fighting over), but we are also considering Stella. I have a gift for naming, so I will wait until I have her in my arms.
Until next time…